Saturday, December 6, 2008

Wanna write a blog that's a guaranteed success? Start one about Bob Seger.

We haven't yet contributed to the "who's visiting your blog?" discussions that Jim and others have posted, mostly because at least 40% of our traffic is from people looking for images of Bob Seger. Seriously. I'm talking visits from virtually every continent on earth, though old Bob seems to enjoy a particularly obsessive fan base in Germany and France.

So, welcome, Seger fans. Though I don't share your appreciation of the "Bruce Springsteen of the Midwest," as one commenter described him, I'll aid your search by adding the following:










For those of you here for other reasons--searching for "biology geek comebacks," "tetris bookbags," or "fantasy plots we hate"--sorry. I mean, I'm really sorry.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Turn the page...

Michael said...

Started hummin' a song from 1962; ain't it funny how the night moves, with autumn closin' in.

Say what you will about Smokin' Bob, that song rides a glorious line between poetry and puerility, and that's hard to do.

Anonymous said...

....... tetris bookbags?

Now *I* want to look for that just to learn what they ARE.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry, Tom and Rose. I can relate: Last winter I once wrote a post about a Sarah Silverman bit ("I'm ****ing Matt Damon"), and my blog now continually comes up as a site of interest for Sarah Silverman fans and watchers. I'm sure within the month that that stupid post will be my #1 post of all time. (So far, one of the bullying posts, which was linked to by the Chronicle and other blogs, is #1, but probably not for long.)