Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The charms of Tom

So, over the weekend, Tom and my nephew went up to the nearby elementary-school playground to shoot some hoops, and my sister and I tagged along.

As we were walking down the sidewalk beside the school afterwards, my nephew suddenly threw the basketball up in a tree, where it ripped out a bunch of leaves and very nearly clocked a pretty blond chick walking toward us, talking on her cell phone.

My sister and I both insisted that Justin apologize to the poor creature, and then Pam said, "You thought she was cute, didn't you, Justin? That's why you threw the ball at her." She and I both then opined that throwing balls at women was not the best way to make an impression, and offered several alternate possibilities.

Then I turned to Tom, and asked him what he'd do to impress a pretty girl.

"I'd probably throw a ball in a tree," he replied.

1 comment:

Michael said...

Well, at least Tom didn't suggest throwing the ball *at* the comely young lady...